Five Free Ways to Celebrate Memorial Day in LOVE Park
May 25, 2022 | Michael Muldoon
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer. LOVE Park is the unofficial home of free, fun Philadelphia programming. This weekend, residents and visitors can look no further than Philadelphia Parks & Recreation’s LOVE Park for free, family-friendly celebrations in the city this weekend.
Here are five free ways to have fun in LOVE Park this Memorial Day Weekend:
- Free Dance Party with DJ Geek at LOVE Park.
- Party with DJ GEEK for dance breaks and smoove grooves.
- When: Friday, May 27 from 11 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
At the LOVE Park fountain, or any of the 90+ spraygrounds and splash pads that will open across the City this weekend!
Find your center
- Come relax and find your inner peace with yoga instructor, Deb Charmelus.
- When: Saturday, May 28 at 11am at LOVE Park
Experience a piece of musical history
- The Black Music City Showcase is hosted by The Bul Bey, and will feature performances from Samantha Rise, Kelsi Bolden, Black Canvas, and Eli Capella.
- When: Saturday, May 28 from 11:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Black Music City is a series of performances that recognize and honor Philadelphia’s rich Black music history. Black Music City is a collaboration between public radio stations WRTI and WXPN and talent incubator REC Philly.
- Make plans to meet a friend at LOVE Park this weekend to take advantage of free lawn games and sample a taste of Philly favorites at the last weekend of the LOVE Park Spring Marketplace! Popular local vendors like Burrito Feliz, Cloud Cups Dessert Company, and Dre’s Water Ice will on hand offering great Philly food at a reasonable price.